Talk to us




Apr 17th, 2023

Share this article


To leave comments you must Register first

Options abound for laid-off H-1B visa workers, including EB-5 and switching lead-applicant status to spouse

After the 60-day grace period, not all laid-off H-1B workers will need to leave the U.S. if they find a valid option. Immigration lawyer Andy Semotiuk has written about 12 such options that include moving to another H-1B employer or filing an EB-5 application. Other possibilities depend on requirements such as education, professional experience, and starting a new business. And if a lead immigrant cannot apply for a visa, making the spouse the lead applicant may allow the laid-off person to apply for a work permit.

See the Forbes article

Stay informed about EB-5 news.