Financial Services

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Best Answers

Personal Information

+1 646 708 0922

83 Harbord St

Best Answers

Q: Do I have to pay an admin fee?

The administration fee (Admin Fee) is charged by the New Commercial Enterprise (NCE) to the investor. There is no requirement that an Admin Fee be incurred in an EB-5 offering, but most offerings have one.The Manager of the NCE collects an Admin Fee to offset their costs, often those associated to payments to the regional center and agents involved in the transaction.If an investment does not require an Admin Fee, I suggest potential investors review the offering documents to figure out how the Manager is earning their fees. In my experience projects that are having trouble or are desperate to attract capital are the ones that waive their Admin Fees.Admin Fees can sometimes be negotiated, but not always. Focus on selecting the best investment you can, which means the investment involves experienced people including the Manager who looks after your investment capital, and the developer or business management team.Also look...

Read more

If the developer fails to return our investment capital, can we still get a Green Card?

Whether your investment loses money or not, whether you get repaid in full or not, your EB-5 petition will not be affected and you should still get your immigration benefits (green card). This assumes that all EB-5 requirements are met, including that your money was maintained at risk during the conditional residency period. So if the developer failed because of fraud or because the investor\'s money was not put into the project and therefore wasn\'t put at risk, the immigration service can take the position that you didn\'t meet the requirements. The EB-5 rules require that you invest the minimum investment amount, keep that money at risk until you satisfy your conditional residence period, and create 10 or more jobs in America.

Read more

Firm Information

EB5 Marketplace
Kurt Reuss

Kurt Reuss

Financial Services

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Best Answers

Working

Please Login or Register