Personal Information

Email

kripa@orbitlawpllc.com

Phone Number

+1 (206) 623-3352

Address

509 Olive Way, Suite 611

About

Kripa Upadhyay is the Founder & Managing Partner of Orbit Law PLLC. A Law firm based in Seattle, WA, with attorneys practicing in the areas of Immigration, Business and Employment Law. Kripa represents corporations and individuals from around the world in Investor and Employment based Immigration matters. Orbit Law, PLLC has their principal office in Seattle, WA and a satellite office in Dubai, UAE. Ms. Upadhyay is frequently asked to speak at Local, Regional and International conferences. Areas of particular emphasis for her practice include the transfer of executives and managers (L-1; EB-1), hiring professionals, including those working in specialty occupations (TN; E-3; H-1B) and investor based Immigration (E-2 and EB-5) Named a “Rising Star” for Immigration Law for every year from 2014-2018, Ms. Upadhyay is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) of Washington State where she has served in leadership positions on various committees. She is also an active member of Invest In USA (IIUSA) the leading EB-5 advocacy organization where she serves on the International Markets and Public Policy Committees. Actively engaged in educating newly arriving Immigrants and Refugees as to their rights, she was awarded the WSBA’s Community Service Award in 2011 in recognition of her outstanding and exemplary service in helping Immigrants and Refugees in Washington State. A first generation Immigrant from Nepal, she speaks English, Nepali, Hindi, Urdu and Spanish. The firm’s employees all speak one or more languages; thereby giving us in-house language capacity for 8 languages and dialects.

Read less

Kripa Upadhyay is the Founder & Managing Partner of Orbit Law PLLC. A Law firm based in Seattle, WA, with attorneys practicing in the areas of Imm...

Read more

AILA Member

Yes

Experience

11 years

Education

• Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, WA, Juris Doctor (JD) May 2007

State Bar Admissions

• Washington State Bar Association: Admitted May 2008
  • U.S District Court for the Eastern District of Washington: Admitted 2009
  • U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington Admitted 2009
  • 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Admitted 2009

Professional Associations And Memberships

• American Immigration Lawyers Association- AILA (Washington State chapter)
  • Chair of Programs, Executive Committee (2015-May 2016)
  • Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee (2013-2015)
  • Vice Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee (2012- 2013)
  • Chair, Executive Office for Immigration review (EOIR) committee (2011–2012)
  • Chair, Citizenship Day Committee (2009-2010)
  • Vice Chair, Citizenship Day Committee (2008 – 2009)
  • Charter Member, The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) (2013 – Present)

Best Answers

Q: What does a conditional Green Card mean?

The conditional green card is issued after approval of the I-526 (assuming there is no backlog for visas) It is valid for two years, and means that there are conditions that must be met before you can receive a 10-year green card In the EB-5 context, The conditions, generally, are that you maintain your investment in the new commercial enterprise by not withdrawing the capital funds too early; that your investment remains at risk during your conditional period of residence; and that the 10 jobs you were required to create as a part of your investment and per the business plan submitted by you or the Regional center were in fact created.

Read more

Q: What if I didn’t pay taxes, will this impact my source of funds?

Yes. An applicant must be able to show source of funds so if you have not paid taxes, you cannot show  funds from work; similarly if you are now claiming to have money from investment property that you bought and then sold, you will have a much harder time showing where you earned the money  to buy the property . Tax records are often the best and easiest way to show proof of income so a deficient or non existent tax record in a country where taxation exists is going to be quite problematic.  

Read more

Firm Information

Orbit Law PLLC

Languages Supported by the Firm

• English, Hindi, Nepali, Spanish and Urdu

Cases Filed

I-526

-

Cases Filed

-

Approved to-date

I-829